To read our story from the beginning, go to the "Posts By Topic" section below, start with "A Prologue", and then read the "Chapter" posts in order.

Thanks for reading!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sam-ism #10

October 13, 2009 (age 2)

Sam and I were in the store walking by the aisle of trashy romance novels when suddenly he pointed to a book and shouted, “Mommy!” I looked over all of the provocative cover shots of scantily clad ladies arrayed in a half-swoon.

“Which one is Mommy?” I asked.


“Mommy!” He pointed again.

“This one?” I pointed to the one that I thought looked most like me, she had dark hair at least.

“No! Mommy there!” He pointed further down the shelf.

“This one?”

“No.”

“This one?”

“No.”

“This one?”

“No.” The pointing grew more exaggerated. “There!!”

“This one?” I pointed to the last book on the shelf.

“Yes! Mommy!” He grinned, stoked that I had finally figured it out.

“That one, huh?” I peered at the strapping young man that adorned the cover, his smoldering gaze partially obscured by a rakish tangle of midnight hair; his square, stubbled jaw set in a way that implied an iron will and a roguish heart that could only be tamed by true love. “Really?”

“Yes, Mommy.”

I laughed so hard I nearly died.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, questions, and discussion.

I usually publish comments after reading them. If you'd prefer to send me a private message in this forum, just write "private" at the beginning of your comment and I will read it, but not publish it.

You will be asked to enter a word verification, this is just to help eliminate spam.

Thank you for commenting!