To read our story from the beginning, go to the "Posts By Topic" section below, start with "A Prologue", and then read the "Chapter" posts in order.

Thanks for reading!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Food issues

One of the (several) super scary times that I had when Sam was ill was the time period when he was unable to eat. I haven't yet gotten to that part of the story in my "Chapter" posts, but it was awful. He was practically skeletal and was literally falling down because he was starving. We worked it out (thanks to the magic of IV nutrition and appetite stimulants), but food remained a struggle. Many of the old favorites became rejects and many of the "new faves" were horribly unhealthy. I said, many times, that I thought I might need to get him a salt lick.

This article talks about food, how it tastes during chemo, why it tastes that way, and what to do to make food more interesting.

another link:

http://www.npr.org/2014/04/07/295800503/chemo-can-make-food-taste-like-metal-heres-help?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=npr&utm_campaign=nprnews&utm_content=04072014

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, questions, and discussion.

I usually publish comments after reading them. If you'd prefer to send me a private message in this forum, just write "private" at the beginning of your comment and I will read it, but not publish it.

You will be asked to enter a word verification, this is just to help eliminate spam.

Thank you for commenting!